Guide for investment project evaluation: a simple and innovative tool
The EDILE guide adapts international institutions’ evaluation toolkits to Mediterranean countries contexts. It strives to highlight the interest, including for project promoters and investors, to develop projects that are better integrated into the local social and economic fabrics.
Training and dissemination: a “learning-by-doing” approach
Having economic actors appropriate the EDILE guide relies on an operational approach built on experimentation, through the selection and the assessment of 15 real investment projects, as well as practical training and support of involved organisations.
- Identification and analysis of 15 pilot investment projects Collection of data and identification of best practices in terms of project qualification and local economic spill-over optimisation;
- Training workshops on project evaluation and optimisation;
- Organisation of discussion forums on the pilot investment projects;
- Regional thematic seminars focused on inclusive development issues (employment, social solidarity economy, environment, etc.);
- Technical assistance missions to support local actors in the implementation of evaluation procedures and other actions aiming at fostering more inclusive investment projects;
- Dissemination of the EDILE guide and associated tools to relevant national and international organisations in order to promote such initiative in the Mediterranean.